duminică, 24 martie 2013

Artitec Kits

It's been a while since I first noticed the Artitec kits in the offers of various model shops. Pictures of the complete models really looked awesome, by far the most realistic among the rest of the crowd. Trouble was the usual online retailer I'm using - LokShop - doesn't offer any Artitec products. But since I had my eye on a small building that had just the right dimensions to fit on the D segment, and also they had a nice small ship (only the part above the water) that fits well in one of the layout's corners, I decided to go ahead and order directly from their site (http://hobbyworld.nl/). Due to a certain local holiday, the delivery was set back about 2 weeks, but finally arrived. Luckily for me, I found out a couple of months ago that the Artitec kits come unpainted, so that awesome picture of the desired model is really up to you. 
So I went ahead and started working on the Lantern Building (#10228). Don't assume you'll be dealing with state-of-the-art, laser-cut materials. Actually it's a really good opportunity to see how models evolved over the years. Compared to the Faller station I got  last year, this has its issues. First of all, the "Copyright 2005" gives the fist clue. Then you're greeted by resin parts, all having a pretty thick film on the back, which needs to be sanded away. The second photo shows my first attempt at it, however I had to go and buy some real sandpaper to get the work done. In the end it took more than 2 hours total time to only get the parts separated...and a lot of messy plastic dust on the way.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu